Don't Do It Without A Doula!

The bloggings of a new doula, and the other things that take up her days!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The dream is on hold

After much discussion, my husband and I decided that the doula dream needs to be on hold for a few years. With young children it's just going to be too difficult for them and us, not to mention finances (for every paying birth I seem to have four volunteer ones!). When our children are a little older, and we're in a better financial position, I will pick up where I left out.

I'm still a doula at heart, though. I promise!

I'm sad, but I know it's the right decision.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Sorry to hear you will have to wait. I honor your decision. We, who are passionate about birth, need to be just as passionate about our own families.

Hh

8:26 AM  
Blogger e said...

Oh wow, I haven't checked your blog for a while!

Yeah, I can totally understand where you're coming from. It is SO hard to do stuff outside-the-family when you've got young ones. (((hugs))) You'll be able to do it... just later.

love,
Elizabeth/ELTAZ :-)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home