Don't Do It Without A Doula!

The bloggings of a new doula, and the other things that take up her days!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This could be an interesting birth

I met with the lady I talked about in my previous post. We'll call her Daisy. She is very nice, really wants a natural birth. I tell you ladies, if there were EVER a perfect candidate for a doula, it would be her. She has no-one else to be with her, she was going to labour alone! Her Mom is the only person and she has to watch her daughters. Her baby is the result of a sexual assault on her by her ex-boyfriend. I'm so thankful that God made our paths cross. Traci (my new doula friend) is excited about helping her too. We're going to try and make sure one of us can go with her to most of her OB appointments, since she has no-one else. I'm not sure what the rules are of the home she's moving into but hopefully I will know more soon.

If anyone reading has any advice about supporting this woman please feel free to post it in the comments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Amby--

Good luck with your doula-ing! We met on the St. Louis Moms board (which I'm afraid I've dropped out of because I couldn't keep up), and then I saw your post over at the Milliners Dream blog.

I just made an appointment with the doctor you recommended this morning. After you emailed me the recommendation, I was in high spirits because I started to feel like a natural VBAC might be possible if I ever got pregnant again. Of course, if that happens, I will keep you in mind as a doula!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Amber Sebold said...

Thanks Tess! Actually I was looking through an old post the other day and wondered where you went off to. :)

Hope you really like Dr. Mormol. Please let me know how your appointment goes!

And good luck getting pregnant too. ;)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home