Don't Do It Without A Doula!

The bloggings of a new doula, and the other things that take up her days!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'm going to be a DOULA!

I'm so excited! A girl e-mailed me about being her doula. I didn't hear back so I followed up... turned out she couldn't afford a doula. To make a long story short she is a single Mom (3rd baby), age 20, ex-husband nowhere to be found and left her financially screwed. She is really sweet. She lives pretty near me but is moving on Thursday to a maternity home out near St. Charles (which is pretty far from me). I pretty much had to convince her I really WANTED to do this for her and she shouldn't feel crappy about not being able to pay - I just told her to 'pay it forward'. She wants to become a doula someday too and solely help low income women like herself!

I'm just so excited. Plus this will be a certification birth for my new doula friend, this will be the first birth EVER she has attended!

AND she might come to my church tomorrow so that would be really neat. :) I'm just so excited. She's due in August so I will be on call in a few weeks... WOW!

2 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Congrats!!!

And you're linked with this "new" blog at mine now. :)

Hh

11:06 AM  
Blogger Amber Sebold said...

Thanks very much. :)

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home