Don't Do It Without A Doula!

The bloggings of a new doula, and the other things that take up her days!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Woohoo

Well, firstly, I still haven't heard from Potential Client (PC). At this point I'm guessing she is not going to contact me. *sigh*

But the great news is that my chiropractor's receptionist is PREGNANT! And she's interested in having a doula! I asked my chiro. a month or two ago if I could leave some brochures in the office for her pregnant clients. She said yes. So the receptionist (S) had looked them over and really liked the idea - she is terrified of needles so she is intent on giving birth without drugs. How exciting, she is really early in the pregnancy but I hope everything goes well and she'll hire me. I guess that's one reason to stay in town and not move to Springfield like we were considering!

I guess you could call me a birth junkie. To many American women birth is something to be dealt with if absolutely necessary. For me, I love birth! I love watching birth, participating in it, and even doing it myself. *grin* It's just wonderful and beautiful and can be so very spiritual. It's an amazing thing to be a part of.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber Sebold said...

AH but I don't think it's the pain of a needle, per se. Just one of those things... scared of the idea of a sharp thin stick about to be stabbed in her spine I guess. ;)

I know a lot of people who are petrified of needles! I had different reasons for natural birth personally though. :)

Thanks for reading my blog Dawn!

9:23 PM  
Blogger e said...

Chiming in kinda late... just discovered your blog - love it!

I chose to do the Bradley method b/c I found out about it from a friend whom I highly respect and admire. To me, it's the obvious way to give birth - the natural way, the way our bodies are meant to do it. So, that is my primary reason for doing it.

BUT my other reason for doing natural labor/birth is because I'm scared of needles!!! Especially the thought of one stuck into my spine - YIKES!

For the birth of my 2nd, I arrived at the hospital in transition, and I was told I was only 5cm. Immediately I thought "Well, there's no WAY I can do this much longer... but I do NOT want a needle in my back... crap, how am I going to do this?!" Come to find out, my body just zipped through the last 5 cm in 5-10 min and it was time to push, so I didn't have to worry! But that was my first thought - the needle in the back - and that I did NOT want that!!!

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home